Sunday, May 31, 2015

A legacy - The making of

This is what I would have told the 15 year old me -

Oh baby girl, you have so much, you just don't know it. The friends at school, the campfires, the parties, the accolades! Who cares that your skin is so dark from playing netball, who cares that the boy you liked at 13 told everyone his new girlfriend is better than you. (He came back to you at 16 anyway and then you dumped him at 17!) You laughed, you go to sleep at night at peace, looking forward to each new day. That, is something many people would pay millions for. 

This is what I would have told the 19 year old me -

Stop leaning on the dingy washing machine, looking out across the messy field of green stalks from your 4th floor hostel room window. Stop crying! It's a big change surely, and you don't know who you are in this big city, and A Levels is so hard I know! But life won't end if you don't get straight A's you know ... (Well I did get straight A's save for GP) 

This is what I would have told the 22 year old me -

.......................... 

This is what I would tell me now - 

Nothing is certain. Did it hurt? Yes! Well, errrrr.... Finally? Did you learn something? Yes! Errrr... Good. 
Will you die? Maybe not...... 

What's the worst that could happen? 

Erm, I get fired, my house gets broken into, my mother's health deteriorates, my car gets stolen, I break a leg, I piss off my CEO..... 

But has any of that happened yet? 

Erm.... No? 

Then go watch your DVD and Google pitch perfect 2 soundtrack and scour for Inside Out" trailers, you fool. 

You will get to finding what you will leave as your legacy soon. You have an idea, now you just need a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment